How to Apply for Passport Online in India
If you are planning a trip to abroad and are struck in the daunting situation on “How to Apply for Passport Online in India” then you are on right page. We have specified every minute detail concerning Online Passport Application Fees, Online Passport Status, Process To Apply for Passport at the underneath section of this page.
There are three types of Indian Passports (Black, White and Maroon) that are issued by order of the President of India for the purpose of international travel. Indian Citizens can Apply for Passport India according to their social status, education, etc. Thus, those who want to Apply Online For Indian Passport can follow e-Form Submission steps mentioned below.
How to Apply for Passport Online in India
When Indian Citizens looks “How to Apply for Passport in Online, How to Apply for Passport in India Online” it is mandatory to book appointment with the Regional Passport Officer at PSK/Regional Passport Office. For booking appointment, you need to visit Passport Seva official website and need to fill Passport Application Online and are required to pay requisite fees.
After booking for appointment by filling Online Application for Passport and paying requisite fees, take a print out of ARN Receipt and visit the place where the appointment is scheduled for making passport.
Check Here: Passport Offices in India
How to Apply for Passport Online India?
Mostly people face difficulty in applying for Passport Online in India. So, if you’re new with the same concern then read out proper guide on How to Apply for Passport Online in India?
#1 Passport Application Form Online Registration
- In order to apply for Indian Passport, you need to register yourself. For this, visit the official web portal – portal2.passportindia.gov.in
- Now, press on “New User? Register Now” tab that is available at left side of homepage.
- Afterwards, a new page will appear asking some details. For Passport Online Registration, fill required details such as Name, DOB, Email Id and Captcha Code.
- After filling all the details, press on “Register” tab.
Press Here >> Online Passport Registration
# 2 Choose Application Type
After registering yourself, choose the application type for which you want to apply:
- Ordinary Passport
- Diplomatic, Official Passport
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Identity Certificate
# 3 Login
- Now hit on “Existing User? Login” tab that is present at left side of homepage.
- Then, login using appropriate “Login Id” and press on “Continue” button.
Press Here >> To Login
# 4 Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport
- After logging using appropriate Login Id, hit on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” link.
- Fill required information in the Passport Application Form/Application for Passport and submit it.
# 5 Pay and Schedule Appointment
Now, press on “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on “View Saved/Submitted Applications” in order to schedule an appointment. For this you need to make online payment using any of the below given payment methods.
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (SBI and Associate Banks and Other Banks)
- SBI Bank Challan
Press Here >> To Check Appointment Availability
# 6 Print Application Receipt
- Finally, press on “Print Application Receipt” link in order to take a print out of the application receipt containing ARN/Appointment Number.
- Lastly, go to PSK/RPO where the appointment has been booked along with the documents in original.
Must Check: Passport Seva Customer Care Number
Online Passport Application Fees
Before get started with the process on “How to Apply for An Indian Passport/ How to Apply for Passport Online in India” must take a look on below given fee structure.
|Service Required||Online Passport Fees||Additional Tatkaal Fee|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (36 pages) of 10 years validity||Rs.1,500/-*||Rs.2,000/-*|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (60 pages) of 10 years validity||Rs.2,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport for Minors (below 18 years of Age), of 5 years validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 whichever is earlier (36 pages)||Rs.1,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|Replacement of Passport (36 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport||Rs.3,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|Replacement of Passport (60 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport||Rs.3,500/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)||Rs.500/-||NA|
|Replacement of Passport (36 pages) for deletion of ECR / Change in personal particulars (10 year validity)||Rs.1,500/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|Replacement of Passport (60 pages) for deletion of ECR / Change in personal particulars (10 year validity)||Rs.2,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|Replacement of Passport (36 pages) for deletion of ECR/ Change in personal particulars for Minors (below 18 years of Age), of 5 years validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 whichever is earlier||Rs.1,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
Read Also: Travel Companies Customer Service Number
Passport Application Documents Required
Along with the steps stating How to Apply for Passport Online in India, we have also mentioned the list of required documents apart from submitting Passport Online Form. Have a look!
- Address Proof
- Voter ID
- Gas Connection
- Bank Passbook
- Aadhaar Card
- Telephone Bill with Current Address
- Water Bill or Electricity Bill
- Certificate from Employer On A Letterhead With A Seal And Signature
- Passport of The Spouse
- Parent’s Passport
- Age Proof
- Birth Certificate Issued By Municipal Authority Or Some Other Authorized Office
- School Leaving Certificate/Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Certificate Sworn Before A Magistrate
Track Passport Application Status
Online Passport Application Status can be tracked by following below specified instructions. Have a look!!
Step 1: First of all, log in to official web portal – portal2.passportindia.gov.in
Step 2: Now, hit on “Track Application Status” tab.
Step 3: Afterwards, on new page enter Application Type, File Number and Date of Birth.
Step 4: Lastly, press on “Track Status” button.
Press Here >> To Track Application Status
It is seen that most of the times people hire an agent that help them to apply for passports. Instead of hiring an agent, you can follow the simple steps stated above on How to Apply for Passport in India/ How to Apply for Indian Passport Online.
We hope, you get satisfied with the information provide about “How to Apply for Passport Online in India”. To fetch more details concerning How to Apply for Online Passport India, How to Apply for Online Passport – stay connected with us on our web portal customerkarts.com
Here’s Something Interesting For You!
|Banglalink Customer Care Number||Vijay Sales Customer Care Number|
|Little App Customer Care Number||Malindo Air Customer Care|
|LeEco Customer Care Number||HDFC Food Card Customer Care|