How To Book Train Tickets Online
In India large number of people travels through trains, but purchasing ticket is becoming an exhausting job for people who stand in long queues. So making it easy for you to book your tickets sitting at home, here we have given the full procedure of How To Book Train Tickets Online through IRCTC.
A Good news for Indians, the government has announced that there will be no Service Charges applied if passengers book their ticket through IRCTC Website. Earlier Rs 20 was levied as service charge on sleeper and Rs 40 on AC classes. But as per the new rule there will be no charges applied. Also Finance minister has presented some changes to make Railways better for Citizens that will be applied in the coming months and is given the name as “Rail Budget”.
So book your Railway tickets online, that is more comfortable and will save your time too. If you don’t know how to book ticket online then go through this page, we have given some simple steps that will help you in booking your Rail Tickets through IRCTC Website.
How To Book Train Tickets Online
It is very easy to book tickets yourself so why to stand in long ques and give extra money to agents. There are many private websites to book tickets but here we are going to tell you how to book ticket through official Railway IRCTC website.
Things Required For Booking Tickets Online
- An Internet Connection
- IRCTC Account ( If you don’t Have IRCTC account there is no need to worry as below are the steps on How To Create New Account on IRCTC?)
- Debit Card Details/ Net Banking etc.
- Your Mobile Phone
Check Out! IRCTC Customer Care Number
There are now some more advanced options to pay of rail ticket. For example you can also pay through Paytm Wallet and can also avail cash backs on booking the tickets.
Stepwise Guide On How to Book Train Tickets Online
Just follow the below given stepwise guide and you will be easily book your first train ticket online. Here we go
- Open the official website www.irctc.com
- Fill the details like username and password and hit the login button. ( Note – If you don’t Have IRCTC account there is no need to worry as below are the steps on How To create New Account on IRCTC)
- A new window will be opened and you will be redirected to Plan My travel page.
- Then fill the details mentioned there like Journey Starting City and Journey Ending City.
- Select the date of travelling.
- Select the ticket type that will be E-ticket.
- Below it is quotas blank choose your quota from the three options available General, Tatkal and Ladies.
- Then Hit the Find Trains option available there.
- A list of trains will appear on the screen that is travelling on the same date and to same destination.
Find Out! How To Get The Best Hotel Deals
- Now choose the train according to your comfort and choose the class you want to travel from the available options like Class 1A (First Ac), 2A (Second Ac), 3A (Third Ac) CC (Chair Car), Sl (Sleeper Class) and 2S (Second Sleeper).
- After selecting these options a list of availability of seats will be appeared on the screen.
- Like as shown here we have selected Mandoor Express with the class 3A.
- Now hit the Book Button.
- Afterwards you will be redirected to the Ticket Reservation Form like this.
- Now you just have to fill the each and every detail there in the form like Name, Age, sex and Berth. For senior citizens there is discount scheme.
- Fill the mobile number of the travelling person as they entered mobile number and will receive an E-ticket. This will be your ticket and you can show it to the Ticket checker. After filling the form enter the verification code written there and hit the go button.
- A new Window for payment section will appear and now Hit Make Payment button.
- Now select the available card that you have and select your bank.
- Fill the card details and Hit on Make Payment button. You will receive a SMS and mail on your ID. You can use it as a SMS or take out a print.
- Congratulations! Now you can book your Train tickets yourself easily.
Note – Always carry a Government Issued ID card while travelling in train. Hope you have a Happy and Safe Journey.
IRCTC Service Charges News
If you are planning to book your Rail Ticket through IRCTC Website then “No service charge will be charged”. Here is some more information regarding the Train tickets booking on the IRCTC website
In this New Year i.e. 2017, Rail tickets will become cheaper for passengers if booked through IRCTC. It is said by the government that no servicer charge is levied on Rail tickets. The official said –
Earlier Rs 20 was levied as service charge on sleeper and Rs 40 on AC classes. But now there will be no service charge or extra charge if you book you rail ticket through the IRCTC website. This is done to encourage cashless transactions through online booking.
Railway Budget 2017
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has told some new policies regarding Rail Budget. Have a look:
- For passenger’s safety, Rail Sanrakshan Kosh has been announced with an amount of Rs.1 lakh crore. Seed fund will be provided by the government and the rest will be done by Railways.
- No Service charges on e-tickets booked through IRCTC.
- Around 500 stations will be provided with latest technologies like lifts & escalators etc.
- A new metro rail policy will be announced to open up new jobs for youth to modernize the Metro infrastructure
- In order to improve the security of Railways, unmanned level crossings are proposed to be eliminated by 2020
- 3,500 km of railway lines to be commissioned in 2017 from 2,800 km last year.
Here are the easy steps through which you can open a new account on IRCTC and book tickets online without standing in long ques. Be digital and adopt the latest technology and help India In making Digital. Here are the benefits of creating this account.
- Booking a Normal Ticket
- Booking a Tatkal Ticket
- Print a Ticket
- Cancel a Ticket
- Checking Refunds
- Booked Ticket History
- Book Flight Tickets
- Book Retiring Room & a lot more
Here are the steps to create the IRCTC account
- Visit the official website that is www.irctc.com
- There you will find a IRCTC Sign Up link Hit that button and you will be redirected to Registration form of IRCTC.
- Now fill the registration form
Do You Know! How to Plan a Trip
- You need to choose unique username that is available there. After filling all details Hit on Submit button.
- Now accept the terms and conditions of IRCTC.
- Now activation Link will be sent to your mailbox/ phone number like this.
- Now put the verification code on the given blank and hit the submit option.
- Wohooo! You have successfully created a IRCTC account and now you can Log In with your unique username and password.
This is the Complete Procedure of booking rail tickets through IRCTC. If you still have any problem then just comment with your query below. We will definitely reply with solution.
AAPKI YATRA MANGALMAY HO
Here ‘s Something Exiting For You!!!
|How To Take Talktime Loan||Best Internet Plans in India|
|How To Pay LIC Premium Online||New Passport Rules|