How to Apply for BPL Ration Card
Ration card is one of the most important documents that give identity proof to Indian citizen. To know How to Apply for BPL Ration Card, go through this page. Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Card is issued to poor families living in rural areas and urban slums. In this page we are going to share all the details regarding BPL Ration Card, documents required, verification process, timings, Application form, and procedure for How to Apply for BPL Ration Card etc.
Government of India and food supplier implemented Digital ration card in India for the ration card holders. For poor, BPL ration Card is very important as they can get subsidies that will be very helpful for them. Here, we will tell you each and every step that will help in getting you know about BPL ration card and how to apply for BPL Ration card.
How to Apply for BPL Ration Card
To get new Ration Card Applicants should provide the following documents
#1. Three passport size photographs of the applicant
#2. Proof of residence: Copy of any of the following documents showing the residence address of the applicant
Do You Know! How to get a Digital Ration Card In India
- Identity card issued by the Government or Public Sector Undertakings
- Latest Telephone bill on the name of the applicant
- Recent mail received by the applicant
- Latest LPG receipt on the name of the applicant
- Valid driving license
- Valid Passport
- Voter Identity card
- Latest tax paid receipt, if living in own house
- Extract of the electoral Roll
- Latest Rent paid receipt, if living in a rented house, clearly indicating the name and complete postal address of the owner
- Any other document that may prove the applicant’s residence
Press Here To See: How to Find Ration Card Details Online
Procedure for How to Apply for BPL Ration Card
- Get an application form the nearby office of District Food and Supplies Controller (DFSC) or Inspector of Food and supplies (IFS) or Assistant Food and Supplies Officer (AFSO).
- After that, fill the application form carefully. Don’t make any mistake and fill the correct information.
- Now, attach the two passport size photograph’s to that application form ( Head of the family person photo)
- Application form duly attested by the Councilor in case of urban area and Sarpanch in case of rural areas.
- Also attach Identity proof’s, such as voter ID card, Aadhaar Card, etc. that are given above. Read it carefully and attach any one of the document you have.
- Submit the form and get the slip that will tell you the date on which you can collect the Ration Card.
Find Out: How to apply for a Duplicate Ration Card
Verification Process for BPL Ration Card
- Verification process is done when you apply for Ration Card, for BPL card verification a person will visit your home to know all the details and to check whether the information given by you is correct or not.
- Then the food supplier team will verify all your details, income stats and other information.
- If they will find that you are eligibility for BPL ration card, then the process will take less than a week to get BPL card via online or offline.
- Remember don’t even try to cheat the system, if you are caught by them then you will have to pay for it and your ration card application form will be cancelled
- Once the verification process will be done, you will get the BPL Ration Card with in 2 to 3 weeks.
Check Out: UP Ration Card Online Application Form
10.00 am to 05.00 pm, in any official days/ timing decided by the Authority.
All the details regarding How to Apply for BPL Ration Card are given to you in this article. After applying for Ration Card you must collect the acknowledgement number in order to track the status and you will get to know the status of your Ration Card.