Documents Required For a Fresh Passport In India
This is the most commonly asked question that what is the Documents required for a Fresh Passport in India? Let’s discuss the entire Paper needed to get an Indian Passport in a week. If you’re finding complications while applying for a fresh passport then here is an accurate solution. A passport is a document issued by the government of a country certifying an individual is a citizen of that country. Passports allow people to exit and enter their country of citizenship and travel to other countries.
For international travelling you have to understand that a passport is a document, usually issued by a country’s government that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder. Hence, to issue the passport the authorities have a responsibility to verify your identity. Therefore, instead of being frustrated with the procedure, understand it, collect the documents and submit them and then you will easily get the passport.
Documents Required For Passport
To apply for a fresh passport attach two copies of the following documents:
#1. Address proof (Attach one)
You are required to submit at least 1 of the documents listed below.
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
- Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors (First and last page)
- Aadhaar Card
- Registered Rent Agreement
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)
Note: If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the above categories.
#2. Date of Birth proof (Attach one)
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths.
- Date of birth certificate from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution or an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants.
Note: In the case of applicants born on or after 26.01.89, only Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable.
Press Here to Check: How to Check Passport Application Status
#3. Citizenship Document if applicant is a citizen of India by Registration or Naturalization
#4. Government/Public Sector/Statutory body employees should submit “Identity Certificate” in original
#5. If the applicant is eligible for “ECNR” attach attested copy of supporting document
#6. If the applicant was repatriated at Government cost, enclose documents to show that the expenditure, if any, incurred by the Government of India on his/her repatriation has been fully refunded to the Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs
#7. If the applicant was ever deported to India, give details of Emergency Certificate/Passport
Documents Required For Minor’s Passport
Applicants who are minor (below 18 years) needed:
- Attested photocopy of passport, if any, of both parents, applicable
- Original passports of parents should be presented for verification of particulars
- If one parent is resident abroad, a Sworn affidavit by the parent resident abroad attested by the Indian Mission along with affidavit from parent residing in India’s will be submitted
Find Out: Fee Structure for Fresh Indian Passport
Get passport in a week by giving four documents
To get passport faster in a week two major changes has been done by the ministry of external affairs for the people applying for the first passport. It has made easier for the candidates to secure an appointment at the local passport seva Kendra.
Applicants applying for passport will issue passport in a week if they are having following documents:
- Copies of Aadhaar card
- Electoral photo identity card (EPIC)
- PAN card – besides an affidavit in the format of Annexure-I (declaration of citizenship, family details and no criminal record)
This process would take a month, with the police verification requires a lot of time.
When the passport is issued police verification is mandatory. There will be no extra charge for the service. So, remember that you should have proper documents to get your passport easily and faster…. Hope you have come to know that what all documents are required for fresh passport in India. Just go through it carefully…