Dengue Fever Symptoms
Dengue Fever is creating havoc among the people. It is caused due to the virus injected through mosquitoes. As it is a life taking disease so it is necessary for us to know Dengue Fever Symptoms. Here we are going to tell you about all the symptoms of Dengue Fever, its treatment i.e. what to do if you have dengue, its causes etc. Dengue fever is also known as “break bone fever” or “dandy fever” because it create lot of pain in the body and sometime the moment of joints and muscles also create lot of pain.
According to the reports of The Center for Disease Control and Prevention every year at least 400 million cases of dengue fever occurs worldwide. Dengue fever symptoms are easily found in Tropical regions. Some of the regions are:
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Central America
- The Caribbean
- Pacific Islands
- South America (except Argentina, Chile, and Paraguay)
- Southeast Asia (especially Thailand, Singapore)
- Southern China
- Northern parts of Australia
Dengue Fever Symptoms
The symptoms of Mild Dengue Fever are:
- Aching muscles and joints
- Body rash that can disappear and then reappear
- High fever
- Intense headache
- Pain behind the eyes
- Vomiting and feeling nauseous
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)
Symptoms may be mild during the initial days but gradually being severe it may cause death.
Check Out: Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
The symptoms of Severe Dengue Fever are:
- Bleeding from your mouth/gums
- Clammy skin
- Considerably damaged lymph and blood vessels
- Internal bleeding, which can result in black vomit and feces (stools)
- Lower number of platelets in blood – these are the cells that help clot your blood
- Sensitive stomach
- Small blood spots under your skin
- Weak pulse
- Intense stomach pain
- Sudden hypotension (fast drop in blood pressure)
- Heavy bleeding
- Regular vomiting
- Blood vessels leaking fluid
- Visit a doctor immediately if you or anyone in your family is having symptoms of dengue.
- Take Rest. Make sure you get enough to drink, even if you cannot eat.
- Avoid mosquito bites so you don’t spread the disease – use insect repellent and coils or plug-in mosquito repellent devices inside. Stay in a screened or air-conditioned room where possible.
- Have someone stay home to look after you.
- Use Paracetamol (alone or with codeine) for pain. Don’t exceed the recommended dose.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory drugs – they increase the chance of bleeding.
Find out: Top 10 Best Hospitals in India
Cause of Dengue
Dengue is cause due to the four serotypes:
The numbers reflects the order of Discovery and have no relation to disease severity.These four serotypes originated in monkey and jumped to humans in tropic and sub tropic regions over century ago.
However a fifth type has been discovered by Nikos Vasilakis. PhD of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston as DENV-5.
SIGNS OF RECOVERY
- Stable pulse, blood pressure and breathing rate
- Normal temperature
- No evidence of external or internal bleeding
- Return of appetite
- No vomiting
- Good urine output
- Stable Haematocrit
- Convalescent confluent petechiae rash
It is impossible for a single man to remove Dengue from this world so we all have to work together to save the lives. For this first of all we have to reduce the mosquitoes for which try not to collect water in your nearby area……………
Be Safe and Be Aware….
You Can Also Check Out:
|AIIMS New Delhi Contact Number||Columbia Asia Hospital Contact Number|
|Apollo Hospital Contact Number||Fortis Hospital Contact Number|